You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SimilarAircraftTypes.txt missing in vPilot 2?

Bryn Battersby

Bryn Battersby
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I just noticed that this file was not in my vPilot directory. Was it removed in version 2.0? It was a handy file to override the wrong ICAO identifiers of other pilots on vatsim.

I realise this was over-written every time I updated the client, but I immediate over-wrote whatever was put there, because mine was far more complete than the developer's.

If I put a SimilarAircraftTypes.txt file in the vPilot 2.0 directory, will it use it?

Cheers,

Bryn.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

No, that list is now downloaded from the server. It is part of the compressed ModelMatchingData.bin file.

Please feel free to send me your list so that I can add it to the database ... that way all vPilot users benefit, and not just you.

Note that the format has changed as well. Now, the list of similar type codes is only for grouping valid codes together. It is not for fixing invalid ICAO codes. I have a different list called "TypeCodeAliases" for that purpose. For example, one such alias is "737" which maps to "B737". So if you do send me your list of invalid type code corrections, please send it as a mapping of invalid code to valid code.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC