You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No Fetch D-ATIS Option

Andrew Morkunas

Andrew Morkunas
Posted
Posted

With the latest update the subscribe to ATIS update notifications is now working. Now I see that the Fetch D-ATIS option is missing? Will this be a stable feature. In our ARTCC we first had VATIS facility profiles for various airport configurations. We stopped maintaining those because Fetch D-ATIS did that for us. Now it looks like we have to go back to manually creating these profiles.

Andrew Morkunas

spacer.png

Twitch: padre_andrew ATC Simulations

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

From Justin's post here (emphasis mine):

Version 2.0.6222.29850 of vATIS is now available for download from the web site, or via the automatic update utility built into the ATIS client.

The following items were added or fixed in this version:

- The "Fetch D-ATIS" function has been temporarily disabled until D-ATIS data is made available again

(Almost makes you think someone may have borrowed an arinc.net session ID without permission that has since been disabled. )

Dhruv Kalra
Posted
Posted
In our ARTCC we first had VATIS facility profiles for various airport configurations. We stopped maintaining those because Fetch D-ATIS did that for us. Now it looks like we have to go back to manually creating these profiles.

This (profiles) has always been the recommended way to manage vATIS facilities. The r/w D-ATIS is "nice to have" for figuring out any permanent remarks that belong in your airport's ATIS, but I've seen far too many ATISes on the network with non-pertinent data such as cranes, unlit towers, laser strikes (really?).

I'm sure if JS were to chime in, he'd say that while we had the functionality, it was always meant to be a tool, not a crutch.

Dhruv Kalra

VATUSA ZMP ATM | Instructor | VATSIM Network Supervisor

878508.png878508.png

• 2 weeks later...
Russell DeSpain 1292757
Posted
Posted

Just curious, but is the outage expected to be temporary or permanent?

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
Just curious, but is the outage expected to be temporary or permanent?

Indefinitely.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS