You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vpilot Not Displaying MTL Aircraft

Harrison Hopwood 1325529

Harrison Hopwood 1325529
Posted
Posted

Hi all, i have searched through the forum looking for a resolution to this problem however my symptoms seem to be different to others and i have tried all the tutorials and fix's. Apologies in advance if this has already been solved

I have installed Vpilot v2.0.11 and the IVAO MTL traffic and added this to my model matching rules in vpilot i have also eddited the Prepare3D.cfg to - SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\IVAO_MTL.

I have also tried using VMR generator also.

However when i load up at EGLL (plenty of traffic around) all aircraft are displayed as the default Bombardier CRJ 700 in white i have been trying to get this to work for days now and still with no success.

Hope im not being really stupid but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards Harry.

Happy Flying

BEE1547.png

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

vPilot does not support IVAO's MTL. Please consider another AI modelset such as WOAI.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

To be clear, vPilot will still use the IVAO_MTL models if you build a custom model matching rule set (or use VMRGenerator to do so) ... vPilot just doesn't *automatically* use the IVAO models. This is because IVAO's models are for use only on IVAO, according to their policies, so I made the choice to not automatically support IVAO_MTL with vPilot, but I did not go out of my way to prevent vPilot from using their models via a custom model matching rule set.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Harrison Hopwood 1325529
Posted
Posted

Hi guys, thank you for your responses i already have (World of Ai) and have set it as a custom rule set, as i am aware of the IVAO reg's :S, but still the same

CRJ is still displayed ?

I must be going wrong somewhere?

Thank you so much for your support.

Kind Regards Harry

BEE1547.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If you're using WoAI, you don't need a custom rule set, since vPilot will recognize and use the WoAI models automatically. I would try removing your custom rule sets and essentially start with a fresh install of vPilot.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Harrison Hopwood 1325529
Posted
Posted

Hi, Thank you Ross will try that now and see how it goes

Kind Regards Harry

BEE1547.png

Harrison Hopwood 1325529
Posted
Posted

Hey presto, its working yay

Thank you so much for your help guys all the best.

Kind Regards Harry

BEE1547.png