You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

"unhandled exception" when changing fonts

Christoph Reule 1379750

Christoph Reule 1379750
Posted
Posted

Hi,

when changing the display fonts (ATC list & text messages) to other than the default ones (Microsoft Sans Serif & Courier New) and click on either "OK" or "apply", I get the following error message (sorry, it's in German):

lntfx5ox.jpg

The first sentence of the message says "unhandled exception in the application" and a bit below "the object reference was not set to an object instance". I also highlighted the "exception description".

It seems vPilot (currently using version 2.0.11 on Win 10 64 bit) does incorporate any font changes, simply the exception message seems to be weird.

Regards,

Christoph

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I am unable to reproduce this issue ... I wonder if it has something to do with you running a non-US system. Do you know if other German users are having the same issue?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Christoph Reule 1379750
Posted
Posted

Did some further testing on my side: I can easily reproduce here when changing the text messages font to any other font, revert it back to Courier New and click on either "OK" or "apply". Seems to be no problem with changing the ATC station font.

Didn't think of any issue with US or non US system, though. I'm sorry I can't tell whether other German users have the same issue, I'm relatively new to Vatsim (joined about 3 weeks ago).

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Ahh, that extra info helped me to reproduce ... switching BACK to Courier New causes it. I should be able to fix it now. Thanks.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

This has been fixed, the fix will be in the next release. I'm not going to do a new release just for this fix since it doesn't sound like it's causing any real problems.

Christoph Reule 1379750
Posted
Posted

Thanks for fixing this! Sure, I can wait for the next release.