You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unable to tune to frequency

Andrew Morkunas

Andrew Morkunas
Posted
Posted

I do not believe that this is a software issue: As a controller I sometimes get pilots PMing me saying that can not tune to my frequency. This happens in New York Center frequency 125.320. The pilot says, my radio only tunes 125.325. I have seen this in the stock CRJ700 from FSX but vPilot does go to the correct voice frequency. Is this a sim issue, plane issue, vPilot issue, dare I say pilot issue. I worked with a pilot for over 20 minutes to get him on frequency. The only issue I saw he was using a version 1.9 of vPilot.

Andrew Morkunas

spacer.png

Twitch: padre_andrew ATC Simulations

Joshua Black
Posted
Posted

I've never had issues with this. 125.320 is essentially the same frequency as 125.325. Canada and the US don't speak the third decimal, but the frequency is still .325.

All the same frequencies from a VATSIM perspective. I don't understand why it wouldn't work... unless the pilot just [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umed that it wouldn't work after seeing 125.325 instead of 125.320 on the standby side, without ever actually trying it on the active comm.

Joshua Black

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

EDIT: Nevermind, had it back to front. See this post (and the rest of the thread).

TL;DR: Sounds like SB4 and vPilot work just fine, but XSquawkBox might be the picky one if the pilot isn't directly tuning the desired frequency via keyboard commands (i.e. not twisting the knob in the aircraft).