You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Question on Sunset3 arrival (KLAS)

Jonathan Johnson

Jonathan Johnson
Posted
Posted

On the Sunset3 Arrival, I noticed you are to cross FUZZY at 16,000. However, on my FMC's Sunst3 arrival, there is no FUZZY waypoint.

Is there something wrong with my FMC? Or the way I'm setting it up? It literally skips all the waypoints before SUNST..

I have my route set up as follows (going from SFO to LAS):

SSTIK3 NTELL Q162 ESSAA BTY SUNST3

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

It's worth a shot - try selecting runway 25L for arrival, make sure you selected the BTY transition also.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

make sure your navigation cycle is current

also try typing in the waypoint in your legs page, see if it finds it. sometimes the data is missed when they add it to the cycles at navigraph. which is another reason you should always have the chart handy to verify whats in the FMC matches, if it doesnt, try adding that leg manually, if the waypoint exists, itll do it

Jonathan Johnson
Posted
Posted

Yeah I have a huge binder with all the airport information (including sids/stars/ils/aiport diagarmas) since I don't have a tablet to use.

I'll try playing around with the FMC tomorrow with it to see what I can get done.

I also just checked my AIRAC cycle which was definitely out of date . It was on 1613.... Don't know if that was why or not..

I also noticed that it does have the Fuzzy7 arrival.. didn't try it but I would [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume that if it has that arrival it should have the Fuzzy waypoint? But yeah I'll definitely play around with it tomorrow..

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
I also just checked my AIRAC cycle which was definitely out of date . It was on 1613.... Don't know if that was why or not..

Nope - FUZZY has been there since well before any 2016 cycles.

It literally skips all the waypoints before SUNST..

That sounds like you added the procedure without selecting the correct transition (i.e. BTY). If you just add the "SUNST3" arrival without the transition, the STAR would indeed begin at the SUNST waypoint - hence the "(SUNST.SUNST3)" notation on the chart.

Jonathan Johnson
Posted
Posted

That's exactly what I did. I made sure to select the BTY transition this time, and all was well. I'm so used to flying in the Northeast US (mainly Pittsburgh, Boston, JFK) that I didn't have this one set up.. and failed at it .

Much better this time though! Now ATC won't have to redirect me