You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Long Time Listener, First Time Caller

Randy Tyndall 1087023

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

I have been an FSInn user from the very start of my VATSIM "career" in 2008. It has always performed flawlessly for me, despite the numerous and exhausting threads about how difficult it is to install and use. I've grown used to the "bells and whistles" it offers...and it works in both FS2004, which I use, and FSX, which I use.

Having said that, this morning I decided to try vPilot in FSX for the first time ever. I had downloaded it quite some time ago, but never used it. Upon starting it this morning it of course reminded me my version was out of date and wanted to update to version 1.something-or-other.

So I did.

Next it reminded me that version 2.something-or-other was out and would I like to update to it.

I said yes.

I then read the FAQs and Tips. What? A user reading things that could help them use a product? Unheard of in today's "load and go" mentality. Interesting...and important...stuff in there.

Next, of course, I chose the atypical road not taken (Robert Frost lovers will enjoy that reference), and went to the vPilot site Ross has so considerately set up and read the install, setup, and use instructions. What? Read? Yes, I'm a rebel and I'll never be understood.

Amazingly, vPilot worked flawlessly and exactly as advertised from the first click to the last. Model matching (World of AI) was spot on. My PTT button worked, Automatic Mode Charlie happened, text worked fine, and sounds happened exactly when and if I expected them to.

My hat is off to Ross (and Don for his knowledge base as well) for an excellent product, excellent guidance, and excellent support. vPilot may be the only client I use for FSX. Still, I do miss the "bells and whistles", but I have FSInn and FS2004 for those. Oh, and by the way.

Never an issue with FSInn either...oh wait, I already said that, because "Reading is Fundamental" in any product you use, whether it be FSInn, vPilot, PMDG aircraft, or the VATSIM PRC.

Thanks again Ross. Great product...great service...great client!

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Randy, thanks for taking the time to post ... we don't often hear from the users that have no issues.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted

I promote vPilot on almost all forums; any problems that pop up I pretty much say "do yourself a favour and just install vPilot" when they have issues with the others. V2 vPilot is a stalwart among vatsim accesses.

Mr.

VATSIM P2

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Thank you too, Lindsey!

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC