You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

William Tocher 1377427

William Tocher 1377427
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone, today I tried to fly out of EGCC (Manchester) RWY 23R. As you need the SANBA departure sid which is not in the FMC for the 777, I was kind of stuck

Anyone have any idea why the SANBA departure sid was not in the 777's FMC?

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

William,

Not a whole lot of info in your post to go with to answer your question...and the topic subject leaves a little to be desired as well, but...here goes.

First and most important, what aircraft? Yes, I know it was a Triple 7, but what company "designed" it? PMDG, Wilco, Commercial Level Sims, POSKY, SkySpirit (or maybe that's SpiritSky), default FS2004 T7, and the list could go on.

I am [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming the PMDG since that's the aircraft that is the "rave" although since the QOTS B744 has been released it may have to take a backseat for awhile. Anyway, the more info the better to help you.

Now, [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming PMDG, have you updated the navdata that came with the aircraft when you purchased it? I am unfamiliar with the SANBA1Y or SANBA1R and do not know when Manchester started using that designation, but if it was after you downloaded the T7 and you haven't updated the navdata, then the departure procedures will not be in there.

Another factor might be the platform, whether FSX, P3D, xPlane, or FS2004 or earlier, especially if we are talking about a non-payware T7. If you are using one of them and SANBA is a recently created waypoint then it most likely will not be in your simulator, so of course your aircraft won't find it.

And so forth, and so on. More info will really help us help you.

Finally, I counted fourteen departure procedures off the 23s at EGCC. Why was SANBA the "have to have" one? Because of the speed profile?

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Andrew Ogden
Posted
Posted

AIRAC cycles are available here: https://www.navigraph.com/

Andrew Ogden
Gander Oceanic OCA Chief
Vancouver FIR Senior Instructor

Visit us: https://ganderoceanic.ca

CZQO LogoCZVR Logo

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

You need to update your AIRAC data, the SANBA SID is something like 3 years old now so if your AIRAC is older than that you wouldn't have it (nor would you have many other EGCC SIDs that changed after that as well).

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia