You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[Beta] FEATURE: More Robust MSAW

Dhruv Kalra

Dhruv Kalra
Posted
Posted

We discussed this back during the v1 beta, but any hope of revisiting MSAW to add Approach Path Monitor processing?

http://www1.metacraft.com/VRC/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2721 - original discussion here (visible to vSTARS 1.0 beta testers and Ross). Let me know if you need me to repost here for generalized discussion.

(There are a few other STARS-specific enhancements I'd like to raise for discussion, but if 1.1 is meant be a housekeeping release ahead of any major changes, I'll hold off)

Dhruv Kalra

VATUSA ZMP ATM | Instructor | VATSIM Network Supervisor

878508.png878508.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I don't have any major updates planned ... I wanted to get 1.1 out so that people had an alternative to Euroscope for creating tower views with vPilot.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Dhruv Kalra
Posted
Posted
I don't have any major updates planned ... I wanted to get 1.1 out so that people had an alternative to Euroscope for creating tower views with vPilot.

Understood. Perhaps down the road!

Dhruv Kalra

VATUSA ZMP ATM | Instructor | VATSIM Network Supervisor

878508.png878508.png

Alex Seeberger
Posted
Posted
I wanted to get 1.1 out so that people had an alternative to Euroscope for creating tower views with vPilot.

And for that, I thank you:)

• 5 years later...
Ethan Hawes
Posted
Posted

Hey Ross,

Was the predictive path or approach path monitor processing implemented at any point? Trying to get an idea on how far out I need to draw my MSAW suppression zones based on the MSAW grids they interact with.

ETHAN HAWES 
Pilot Training Department
##  [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I wouldn't bother ... are you aware of the CRC project? vSTARS is going to be replaced by CRC, and the MSAW system will be overhauled. It has never worked as well as I'd like it to.

Ethan Hawes
Posted
Posted

I got looped in not long ago on it. Wasn’t sure if vStars profiles would be directly ported by FEs to CRC. I’ll hold off on trying to import all of these MSAW grids then. Thanks Ross!

ETHAN HAWES 
Pilot Training Department
##  [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)

FEs can import vSTARS facility files (not profiles) but it only imports the airport list, visibility center, rnav patterns, CRDA configs, and scratchpad rules. The system volumes are not imported because that functionality is getting overhauled and those system volumes will be defined differently.

Edited by Ross Carlson