You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Cannot Assign Push to Talk Button

Mitchell Schwartz 1383616

Posted
Posted

Hello,

I am new to Vpilot and Vatsim. Just signed up yesterday. The Vpilot seemed to download normally.

When I go to Settings in Vpilot, it will not let me [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign a button on my CH Eclipse Flight Yoke. It keeps saying that only Button 24 is [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to the PTT. I don't even think that button exists on the CH yoke. When I try to change to a any different button on my yoke, it will not change it. I even tried a keyboard key instead of a flight yoke button. My CH yoke is working normally and appears as the active controller in my FSX Steam settings menu. I do NOT use FSUIPC.

Thank You

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Try unplugging the CH yoke and see if that lets you [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign a keyboard key. I suspect there is a button on the yoke that is constantly sending a "pushed" signal to the PC, and vPilot is detecting that before you can [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign any other button or keyboard key.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Posted
Posted

By unplugging the CH Yoke, I was able to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign a keyboard key for PTT. I preferred a button on my yoke. But, the keyboard works and that's the important thing.

Thanks for your Help!