You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

World of AI loading in vPilot while Traffic is set to 0%

Jasper Hienen 1382626

Jasper Hienen 1382626
Posted
Posted

Hello,

As this is my first post on the forum, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jasper van Hienen and I am from the Netherlands! I am currently 17 years old and I am very new to the aviation industry. The simulator that I fly in is FSX. After joining some multiplayer sessions in FSX I quickly found out that the sessions are overcrowded, are unrealstic, have people yelling though their mic etc. Conlusion: Not realistic at all, and that is why I joined vatsim!

Let's get to the point, I am preparing myself for my first flight in vatsim (the dutchVACC introduction flight). I have spend a lot of money for some add-ons to make my flight experience as realistic as possible. One of these addons is World of AI, that i want to use for model matching. I used the World of AI Package Downloader made by Ross Carlson (thanks for saving a lot of time!), the World of AI Package Installer and VMRGenerator. The files are in my D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes directory. While loading op a flight connected to vatsim, I noticed that AI still spawns instead of replacing the liveries in FSX. I turned all the air traffic density down to 0 but the AI still spawns. This is not how i expected it to work.

I hope that it is possible to make all the AI dissapear exept the pilots in vatsim of course.

Kind regards, Jasper van Hienen.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Are you sure you're seeing AI traffic generated by the sim, and not actual VATSIM pilots?

Note that you do not need VMRGenerator in order to get vPilot to use your WoAI models. It will detect them automatically. (This is new as of version 2 of vPilot ... if you saw an old tutorial on how to configure model matching in version 1, it may have directed you to use VMRGenerator.)

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Jasper Hienen 1382626
Posted
Posted
Are you sure you're seeing AI traffic generated by the sim, and not actual VATSIM pilots?

Note that you do not need VMRGenerator in order to get vPilot to use your WoAI models. It will detect them automatically. (This is new as of version 2 of vPilot ... if you saw an old tutorial on how to configure model matching in version 1, it may have directed you to use VMRGenerator.)

Thanks for your quick reply! I think that this indeed could be my fault, i saw the name of the AI "Aardvark" for example and i thought that traffic in vatsim have their own username. I have one more question, not regarding this issue. I have bought the PMDG 777 and i would like to see other users using the 777 having the same model as the PMDG 777 and the livery they use. Do i have to download every single PMDG livery in order for them to show up?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If you see the name "Aardvark" over a user's plane, then what you're probably seeing is the model name, not the user's callsign. You can adjust what is shown there in the FSX settings for traffic labels.

Regarding using PMDG models to represent other users online, it is possible by making custom model matching rules, and yes you would need every livery that you want to see. However, you probably don't really want to do this because the PMDG models are very complex and detailed, and they will cause a significant drop in your frame rates. It would look awesome, but probably not worth the drop in frame rates.

Jasper Hienen 1382626
Posted
Posted

Alright, thanks for the help sir!

Louis Warcraft 1359967
Posted
Posted

I spawned where according to VATSPY there should not have been traffic and dozens of aircraft appeared. I had traffic to 0% as well. Any other ideas?

Louis

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If vPilot is NOT running, do you still see the traffic?

Louis Warcraft 1359967
Posted
Posted

Yep. I double checked to make sure it was set to zero as well.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Someone else will have to chime in here ... I don't know of any way for traffic to appear if a VATSIM client isn't running and you have ALL of your traffic sliders set to zero.

Maybe World of AI injects traffic even if you have your sliders set low? I always just manually install the models ... I never install the World of AI flight plans.

Louis Warcraft 1359967
Posted
Posted

I just realized my stupidity...I only turned down GA traffic. Sorry, my bad.

Ziv Fuchsbrauner 1370880
Posted
Posted
I always just manually install the models ... I never install the World of AI flight plans.

Do you only emit the .bgl files, or is there anything else which can be considered superfluous when using WOAI strictly for model matching?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I only use the files from the SimObjects folders.