You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Possible to toggle/change number of displayed aircraft ?

Mark Wolpert

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

Just wondering if there is a way to toggle or change the number of displayed aircraft with a hot key or other command without going into the settings menu.

Reason is that I want to fly with live traffic where you have to set displayed aircraft to zero but there are times when that is not appropriate on Vatsim (controlled airspace, lots of traffic) and in this case I want to increase to say 40. I would prefer to make this change without having to go into the settings menu. thanks.

847924.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Why do you have to set it to zero when using live traffic?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

The live traffic program (PSXseecon http://www.lekseecon.nl/PSXseeconTraffic.html) will not work if another program tries to inject AI into the sim. If you turn off the Vpilot traffic then the live traffic works.

847924.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

That's weird ... I wonder why it does that ... there's no reason the two can't work together.

Are you sure you want to hide VATSIM traffic? You could end up flying or taxiing right through another user's aircraft.

Anyway, the only way to turn off VATSIM traffic is to go into the settings, and that is very unlikely to change.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

i wouldnt recommend it either, VATSIM traffic is more important then any other program injecting other traffic into the sim.

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

Not sure why it does not work to inject AI from two sources but this is what the developer advises.

As for when to use it, it is only for times when there is no other traffic around. As an example, I flew twice this weekend and used it on a cargo flight from PANC - KONT where there was zero traffic at the airports or near me during the flight. My second flight was a BAV group flight and in that case I used normal Vatsim traffic which made sense at is was busy at both ends and enroute.

847924.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

So then if you only use the live traffic when there is no VATSIM traffic around, why do you need to set the vPilot setting to zero?