You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XPlane 11 or FSX SE

Kenneth Chascin

Kenneth Chascin
Posted
Posted

My computer crashed and from all I have read, I need to abandon my beloved FS9 and move to either FSX or XPlane 11 due to Windows 10.

I have heard good and bad about both and hope to get some real world experiences from the Vatsim community. I bought an i5-7400 processor and NVidia GTX1060 GPU along with 8 GB RAM. Not bleeding edge but decent benchmarking scores. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Ken Chascin

I'll Fly Anything!!

vpa175.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

no need to abandon anything especially if you've got some good money invested. im definitely not the type that throws money away like that. never understood why folks do that. FS9 works just fine in Windows 10.

as far as FSX SE or XP11. why not both? FSX SE is commonly on sale on Steam, can get it for as little as $5. love those steam sales

XP11 has a demo you can download and try out. definitely recommend trying the demo out to see how it works on your system. its limited to the seattle area but its pretty much the full sim