You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Registration Rejected

Carlos Caballero 1385931

Carlos Caballero 1385931
Posted
Posted

Good morning, Im new to VATSIM / VATCAR and before I step into any live event or scenario would like to take the online training etc. But had a rejected Registration email from VATCAR but do have a login access. Im I doing something wrong? I was trying to enroll in The Student Rating (S1) Advancement Course Self enrolment, my guess is thats what got rejected. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

if you are trying on their moodle page, that page seems to be having issues cause i get database warnings when its loading. so they are probably having website issues.

id contact the VATCAR staff directly or post in their forum

Carlos Caballero 1385931
Posted
Posted

Thank you

Toby Turlington 916072
Posted
Posted

Sorry for the late reply here, I did not see this right away. Thank you Ernesto.

The Rejection was for the Forums. We have a policy on username formats in which if we do not recognize the name, we will reject it as a spam account instead of modifying it. This is enforced to ensure you are identifiable in the event you go for FIR / Division Staff in the future but also is like wearing a nametag. Makes it easier for the Division Staff and other members.

For Moodle, this is news to me as I never seen an issue on it.

The address: moodle.vatcar.org is throwing Database errors until it redirects to the below address.

If you use: http://www.vatcar.org/training you should not have an issue and so far we have had none reported since launching the new location years ago and new update late last year.

I would advise that you join a FIR first prior to working with Moodle. If your able to get the self-enrolment working properly (haven't had a complaint yet), you are free to start working on the S1 but you will need to get a Quiz Key from a FIR Training Staff Member to complete your book work.

Feel free to send me an email if you have any questions.