You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Flight Plan NOT Loading into FSX for a flight?

Justin Berry 1388016

Justin Berry 1388016
Posted
Posted

First flight. Using vPilot and VATSpy, I hopped onto VATSIM for an IFR from Columbus to Cleveland. Got things up and running, contacted ATC, they said my flight plan was filed, taxied out. When I got into the air, they told me to follow the flight plan. "I thought I was...?" i said to ATC. As it turns out, it doesn't load the flight plan into the default GPS. Does this mean that I have to plan it out somewhere else, put it into vPilot or on the VATSIM website, THEN export it as a .pln file for FSX, load it in, set it as the flight plan in Free Flight, then set starting location as GA or Gate, then contact ATC? Or am I doing something wrong here...?

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

filing a flight plan doesnt add the route to the default gps or whatever addon you are using. you have to do that yourself. how you go about doing that is completely on you. just make sure what you are filing is exactly what you enter into whatever navigation program you use whether default or other. if it doesnt, dont file the flight plan until it does match. ATC expects you to fly what you filed, so entering a waypoint of ABC and not flying to it (unless cleared to another point) is not going to go well