You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSlabs Airbus, how to set 127.720

Christian Wopp 849116

Christian Wopp 849116
Posted
Posted

Hello,

how do set the frequency 127.720 when using FSLabs Airbus? You choose 127.725 or 127.715. When selecting 127.725 I can talk to the controller when flying out of Frankfurt to Ibza. On the way back I only be able to send text messages. No voice is possible.

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

If text works, then voice should work. If voice isn't working, it has nothing to do with the 3rd decimal digit of the frequency being different.

Christian Wopp 849116
Posted
Posted

No, when I push the PTT I get the sound buzzer and the controller cannot listen to me.

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Try checking the debug window to see if vPilot is outputting any helpful messages.

Joshua Black
Posted
Posted

127.720 is essentially the same frequency as 127.725... from a VATSIM perspective anyways.

Joshua Black

Christian Wopp 849116
Posted
Posted

Ok, I am not able to reproduce the error. Maybe it depend to the time the flight simulator is in use. I have made a flight from Frankfurt to Ibiza. Then I have saved the situation in LEIB. After that I have closed the P3D and restarted it after waiting on minute when it was down. Then I have loaded the saved file from LEIB. I was the hole flight on unicom 122.8. Langen Radar was online so I switched to the station. I was able to listen one second to the radio. Then the buzzer sound occurs when hitting the PTT. The last time, when this happens I was on a flight from La Palma to Frankfurt.

Christian Wopp 849116
Posted
Posted

Now I am having the troubles with Swiss Radar. Frequency 134.320 and 134.325 is set. No voice possible, only text is available. I am using Vpilot via network. Flightsimulator-PC and Netbook are on windows 10 with administration rights.

Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

Read the frequency listed in vPilot, not in your aircraft. If the one in vPilot for some reason shows .xx5, there's some issue with the 8.33kHz spacing in the FSLabs and vPilot. If not, your issue lies somewhere else (is it run in admin mode, for example?).

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

vPilot ignores the third decimal digit. If your radio shows "127.72" (or even "127.725"), then it will connect to a controller PRIM'd on: 127.720, 127.725, 127.729, or even 127.72123123123. If the frequency matched up until the second decimal digit and you still didn't join the controller's voice room, something else was wrong.

RE: looking at what vPilot displays... SimConnect doesn't even communicate the third decimal digit to applications like vPilot. I'm [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming Ross hard-coded 8.33 kHz spacing such that when vPilot decodes "127.72" from SimConnect, it simply [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umes "127.725" and will always display it as xx5.

As previously asked, did you try checking the debug window while you were experiencing the voice transmit issue? If there's nothing obvious, you might want to post a screenshot of both the vPilot main window as well as the contents of the debug window to help Ross (or others) to troubleshoot.

• Board of Governors
Simon Kelsey
Posted
Posted
If your radio shows "127.72" (or even "127.725"), then it will connect to a controller PRIM'd on: 127.720, 127.725, 127.729, or even 127.72123123123.

Actually, at least historically, this is not the case (not tried recently, as in the last 15 years, but I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume the underlying architecture is the same).

FSD was conceived at a time when never mind 8.33kHz, even 25kHz was an option only in FS -

the default was 50kHz spacing and most FS COM radios only displayed two decimal points.

Thus the last digit (certainly then, and I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume still now) was ALWAYS [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umed to be a 0.

Interestingly, the ATC clients can now, and even Pro Controller then, tune to 3 decimal places. Thus if ATC tune the 'correct' frequency (xxx.725), a pilot tuned to xxx.720 (because that is all that a pilot can ever tune, regardless of the number of digits displayed on the COM radio gauge) is unable to communicate, on text or voice.

This is ultimately why VATSIM frequencies are always xxx.xx0 regardless of the 'correct' 25kHz frequency.

If text was working as Christian says it was, then the issue is not the tuning: it is something to do with the voice room, which could bebeat either end.

Vice President, Pilot Training

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
If your radio shows "127.72" (or even "127.725"), then it will connect to a controller PRIM'd on: 127.720, 127.725, 127.729, or even 127.72123123123.

Actually, at least historically, this is not the case (not tried recently, as in the last 15 years, but I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume the underlying architecture is the same).

It's a little different now with vPilot, because vPilot ignores the third decimal place, as Brad mentioned.

Anyway, as you and Brad said, if text is working, then it doesn't sound like a tuning issue. It sounds like maybe something is blocking or breaking the voice server connection.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC