You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATUSA Web/Data Services Outage

Don Desfosse

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Around 13Z, our web service provider suffered a catastrophic hardware failure, taking out the entire RAID setup. As of this time, the service provider is working like crazy to get all of their customers back online using 3 different restore schemes. It is possible, however, that we may have lost up to a week's worth of data (including transfers, exam completions, forum posts, and, sadly, my annual April Fool's thread in the VATUSA forums ).

Restoration is likely sometime tomorrow, though may occur sometime tonight. Thank you for your patience.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted
my annual April Fool's thread in the VATUSA forums.

:cry:

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted
It is possible, however, that we may have lost up to a week's worth of data (including transfers, exam completions, forum posts, and, sadly, my annual April Fool's thread in the VATUSA forums ).

Nah. You got a top notch Data Services Manager that was prepared. The only thing that might be lost is a weeks worth of emails and maybe anything that happened within 60 seconds of the server going out. But who doesn't like to come back to an empty inbox?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Awesome, thanks!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Ira Robinson
Posted
Posted
It is possible, however, that we may have lost up to a week's worth of data (including transfers, exam completions, forum posts, and, sadly, my annual April Fool's thread in the VATUSA forums ).

Nah. You got a top notch Data Services Manager that was prepared. The only thing that might be lost is a weeks worth of emails and maybe anything that happened within 60 seconds of the server going out. But who doesn't like to come back to an empty inbox?

You the man!!

Ira Robinson

• Board of Governors
Manuel Manigault
Posted
Posted

Great job Daniel!

Manuel Manigault

VP, Americas Region

VATSIM

Camden Bruno
Posted
Posted

You rock, Daniel!

Cam B.
VATSIM Supervisor

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted

Services are mostly restored. May be slow while the provider finishes restoring backups around the server.