You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vmrgenerator not working, neither is auto model matching

ryan stevens 1244606

ryan stevens 1244606
Posted
Posted

Im ready to chuck this computer i have zero clue why i cannot get any of this too work. Ive tried using vmrgenerator to generate rules for ivao_mtl and that failed because it only wrote one rule for some reason. Then i tried to let it auto identify the models, it identifies like 40 out of 6000 and everything just came up as the default a321. So now im trying to use WOI and it correctly identified most of the models but things still arent working, half the planes show up as the a321 or just nothing at all, some are correct i believe but very very few. Vmrgenerator does the same [Mod - lovely stuff] that it did with IVAO_mtl, just generates a couple rules, heres the output of it below. Please someone help this is really annoying. And now for some reason it crashes my fsx after a couple of minutes, also .testmodelmatching is not working. Just says invalid command, of course the one command i need doesnt work right?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

stop using IVAO MTL simples

you dont need vmr generator for the WOAI models, they are already in the database

ryan stevens 1244606
Posted
Posted
stop using IVAO MTL simples

you dont need vmr generator for the WOAI models, they are already in the database

Im aware but it doesnt work regardless.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

what version of vpilot do you have

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If it is identifying the WoAI models, he has v2, and it is working properly. You'll still sometimes see default aircraft because WoAI doesn't have every possible aircraft type and airline combination. It has most of them, but not all. And if the other pilot has entered an invalid aircraft type, or a fictional callsign, or a fictional aircraft type and airline combination, then you won't get a match.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 1 month later...
Nico Kaan
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Just try again with the latest version, 5.2.

A bug had slipped in, now fixed.

However, do note that rule generation for IVAO MTL is no longer possible. But WoAI will work fine.

Nico

Nico Kaan

Developer: PSXseeconTraffic, ParkPosGenerator and AILGenerator