You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

My Traffic 6 vs Ultimate Traffic 2/Live

Richard Asberg

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

I've been using the MT6 models for model matching for quite some time now but some of the models look really bad from a visual perspective and I've heard lots of people saying the Ultimate Traffic 2 models are much better in that regard.

I thought I already bought UT2 in the past but apparently I asked for a refund so I don't own it anymore. Otherwise I would have tried it out myself of course.

Have been trying to remember why I asked for a refund but can't recall but obviously I was not happy with something. Have this vague memory it might have been something about how the models look during nighttime or could also have been something with the flaps, spoilers etc not working OK.

Anyone in here who tried both MT6 and UT2 for model matching with the current version of vPilot and could share their thoughts and if it would be worth buying UT2 (or Live being the most recent version) when you already have the MT6 models?

One thing I understood is UT2 comes with not even close as many models as MT6 but does include most European airlines which would suit me just fine since I do all my flying in Europe and only run on major airports.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Richard Åsberg

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

me personally, if the only purpose you are buying this for is model matching, save your money. nothing based on the product itself, dont have it, only seen pictures and videos of them, but i just dont see the point of purchasing models when there are hundreds/thousands available free. sure some dont come in packs and takes a little time, but tons to choose from, some being HD quality (just remember the higher the resolution, the more they start impacting performance especially when a ton of them get rendered).

some people seem to also use them to fill in dead areas when flying to give them something to interact with. for that, id probably get them but managed to resist so far

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

I'll only be using any models for online model matching since I never fly offline unless I need to conduct testing of some kind.

I know there are lots of freeware alternatives but not so easy to find models that were not originally developed for FS9 and the problem with such models is they can cause issues in P3Dv3.

Currently I'm actually using a mix of WoAI and MT6 where I've manually removed all FS9 models from both these packages but I head that UT2/Live comes with only FSX models which makes it even more tempting if they at the same time look much better that some of the MT6 models.

Richard Åsberg

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

You should note that UT Live uses many models from Berkhart, the developer of MyTraffic6 and other previously available models. Not sure you are getting much here. For specifics you can see a thread over on Avsim that outlines which are which.

847924.png

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

I heard that and understood that was mainly GA models where the airliners are different and much better in UT 2/Live.

Lots of money though if it won't be much of a difference.

Richard Åsberg