You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SBrelay freezing after initialization

Jared Hodge 876206

Jared Hodge 876206
Posted
Posted

Fellow flight simmers. I have come across a problem and if anyone can help me I will greatly appreciate it. I deleted FS2004 and SB from my PC (because of being tied up with work). Recently I re-installed FS2004, downloaded the VATSIM pilot package, and installed all the software correctly. I start SBrelay first and everything works. I start FS2004 create a flight and start multiplayer everything works. When I get to the part of signing onto Squawkbox things stop working correctly. After I sign on, about two minutes later SBrelay freezes. The other aircraft stop where they are. I can continue to use FS2004, but the multiplayer aircraft freeze. So I try to maximize SBrelay. But it won't maximize. Then the "END PROGRAM" message comes up and I have to CTRL, ATL, DELETE FS2004.

This happens everytime and I can't find anything on this subject in the Troubleshoot section. I've been using FS and SBrelay for a looooong time and am pretty knowledgable in how to use the program (or at least I thought I was). I was not having this problem before I remove the FS program from my PC. Am I missing something? Or maybe downloaded a bad version of SBrelay?

I am for sure it's SBrelay. But how do I fix it.

Jared

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

I suppose you read Trouble shooting for "VATSIM Software Setup" at http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?p=2262#2262

> I deleted FS2004 and SB from my PC

Just suggest: If you did delete without uninstall, then try now to uninstall, reboot and then reinstall again.

Even if you previous succeed run SB from FS-menu, try anyway run SB in a separate window (i.e. "SB Host.exe").

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png