You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VPilot Tower View problem with pilots using FSInn?

Shunsuke Yamabe 1162075

Shunsuke Yamabe 1162075
Posted
Posted

This is duplicate post with VPilot's Forum. I post it here because Ross implied that this is problem of ES and suggested to post it to here.

Environment:
Windows10 (x64)
P3D v3.4
VPilot 2.1.4
ES beta 3.2.1.14 3.2a(r14)

Hello,

I enjoy Tower View with VPilot & ES, and most things go well.

However, there is one problem; VPilot via ES proxy (i.e. Tower View mode VPilot) often fails to fetch type code from online TFC whose client is FSInn.

Attatched is the capture of Aircraft View, Debug log, and ES Flight Plan Window. The pilot of AKX358K uses FSInn.

As far as I see the flight plan, the type of aircraft is correctly set to T/A320/F. However, Aircraft window sais Type Code = empty, along with Pending = Yes, ACC = No(I don't know what ACC means..), Ground Altitude / Static CG Height = Unknown.

When I log on to VATSIM Network directly with VPilot (i.e. No Tower View), there is no problem with TFC using FSInn at all. So it may be a problem of ES.

It is simple if ES has no compatibility with FSInn, but Tower View mode VPilot "SOMETIMES" successfully fetches the model info from FSInn client through ES. In fact, I could see the model of exactly the same pilot of AKX358K three days ago.

Does anyone knows possible reasons or solutions?

Thanks,

Shunsuke Yamabe.

155053.png

Bjoern Helge Smaavollan
Posted
Posted

Well. Do you have a model for AKX and SNJ aircraft?

Do you get AKX or SNJ aircraft displayed when logging in with vPilot as pilot?

I ask because you don't have modelmatch for the two aircraft in your debug window.

Shunsuke Yamabe 1162075
Posted
Posted
Well. Do you have a model for AKX and SNJ aircraft?

Do you get AKX or SNJ aircraft displayed when logging in with vPilot as pilot?

I ask because you don't have modelmatch for the two aircraft in your debug window.

I have models for SNJs and they are displayed when logging in as a pilot.

I don' t have AKX-A320, but I have many A320 libraries.

I don't think it a problem of my model set because..

* This phenomenon occurs no matter whether I have the specific models & libraries for the TFC. It occurs for almost all models like JAL-B738 or DAL-B763.

* According to VPilot's model matching logic, any A320 library should be selected if I have A320 but don't have AKX. If I don't have any A320, default aircraft(Lear Jet) should be selected, while NOTHING displayed at all for AKX-A320

* I asked AKX358K pilot to loggin with VPilot for testing, then AKX-A320 was displayed as P3D default A320 (as I expected.)

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Note that vPilot's model matching logic is not getting invoked here, because vPilot is not receiving the aircraft type for the aircraft yet, because (evidently) ES is not p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ing the correct packets through.

It looks like it is working for some aircraft ... my guess is that it is working for other pilots using vPilot, but not other pilots using FSInn, or vice-versa.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC