You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Flightplan will not file

Edward Watson 870559

Edward Watson 870559
Posted
Posted

Tried filing a plan created from PFPX in Vpilot v2. The message window displays - "Flightplan filed" but nothing is received by ATC

Exported the same plan from PFPX via Vatsim.net website and when filed:- {error: Flightplan is locked from modification - no flightplan filed}

Because PFPX is creating flightplan, I thought it might be an error with the plan.

so I created a very simple plan from scratch (no PFPX) from a blank form on vatsim.net.. went to file.. same error {error: Flightplan is locked from modification - no flightplan filed}

again.. no plan shows on the system.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Most common flight plan issues:

1. The maximum number of characters allowed in your flight plan for it to be accepted is 768.

2. Both the Route and Remarks fields must be one line/string each. Carriage returns are not allowed.

3. Attempted use of illegal characters (e.g. semicolon (;) )

PFPX is known for creating flight plans with thousands and thousands (OK, that's an exaggeration ) of useless characters that get stuffed into the comments field.

We've seen instances in the past where people try to "format" their remarks by having each remark field on a separate line, or sometimes copy data in from another program that inserts a carriage return/line feed, and some cases where people put LOTS of stuff in their remarks, thus exceeding the character limit (and some cases both!).

Suggest you ensure your Route and Remarks fields are each one line with no CR/LF or special characters, and ensure your whole flight plan is less than 768 characters.

Not seeing the data from when you were online, I'm not sure, but it's possible that "something" made it in eventually as your flight plan, or perhaps a controller created one for you, thus it was locked for editing. Once ATC modifies a flight plan or flight strip, pilots cannot modify their flight plan.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Edward Watson 870559
Posted
Posted

I have since found that a piece of software in my simulator that connects vPilot to the avionics may have been the cause.

If I shutdown PSUtils (from Prosim) the flightplan files correctly both in vPilot & the website. I am seeking support on their site for this issue.

thankyou for your response.

• 1 year later...
Rohan Cholkar 1039663
Posted
Posted
I have since found that a piece of software in my simulator that connects vPilot to the avionics may have been the cause.

If I shutdown PSUtils (from Prosim) the flightplan files correctly both in vPilot & the website. I am seeking support on their site for this issue.

thankyou for your response.

Hi.. is your problem solved? I am having same issue and unable to find solution.

• 5 months later...
Gregory Spivey 1082843
Posted
Posted

Thank you Don:

I have been around a long while and this was my first time having an issue not seeing my flight plan on vatsim maps or other vatspy maps. For 24 hours been trying to figure out what the problem was. Well thanks to you via google it took all but a few sec to fix. Shorten my long haul flight plan. Who would have guessed. Thank you Don Desfosse.

Gregory Spivey 1082843

Most common flight plan issues:

1. The maximum number of characters allowed in your flight plan for it to be accepted is 768.

2. Both the Route and Remarks fields must be one line/string each. Carriage returns are not allowed.

3. Attempted use of illegal characters (e.g. semicolon (;) )

PFPX is known for creating flight plans with thousands and thousands (OK, that's an exaggeration ) of useless characters that get stuffed into the comments field.

We've seen instances in the past where people try to "format" their remarks by having each remark field on a separate line, or sometimes copy data in from another program that inserts a carriage return/line feed, and some cases where people put LOTS of stuff in their remarks, thus exceeding the character limit (and some cases both!).

Suggest you ensure your Route and Remarks fields are each one line with no CR/LF or special characters, and ensure your whole flight plan is less than 768 characters.

Not seeing the data from when you were online, I'm not sure, but it's possible that "something" made it in eventually as your flight plan, or perhaps a controller created one for you, thus it was locked for editing. Once ATC modifies a flight plan or flight strip, pilots cannot modify their flight plan.

ΔΣΦ

crjbanner.jpg

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

My pleasure! Glad it helped!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

• 2 years later...
Muhammad Naquib
Posted
Posted

Im having an issue with this problem. I want to perform a recency flight from one airport and return back. The problem is even though I file an FPL, the controller doesnt see me on his DEP/ARR list. What can I do?