You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Atlanta ATM Position Open

Kyle Ramsey 810181

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

Jeff Turner announced today that Jeff Williams, current ATM in Atlanta has tendered his resignation effective Friday, May 19, 2006. Terry Kocher will serve as interim ATM until the application process for a new ATM has completed.

Jeff is now taking applicationns for the Atlanta ATM position through May 25, 2006. The job description is:

* Reports to the region's Air Traffic Director and oversees operations and management for an [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned ARTCC.

* Maintains an on line presence on the VATSIM server.

* Functions as VATUSA HQ staff member. Attends periodic meetings to report on ARTCC activities and to stay abreast of VATUSA issues and policies.

* Establishes an ARTCC web page and oversees its maintenance.

* Initiates, obtains Air Traffic Director approval for, and maintains ARTCC Standard Operating Procedures.

* Provides for coordination of position [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignments and position restrictions when necessary.

* Provides guidance and help to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned controllers or guests. Optionally, establishes a staff of "Mentors" to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist new controllers and guests.

* Works with Region Events Coordinator on events that may affect the ARTCC's operations.

* Conducts testing and training as defined, and in accordance with, the VATUSA Training SOP.

* Optionally, conducts additional training and testing on area-specific subjects.

* Establishes an [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istant ATM position and defines the duties of that position. Submits selection to the region Air Traffic Director for final approval and announcement.

* Nominates Center Instructor candidates to the ATM Instructor or Training Director for Training Department approval and announcement

* Recommends disciplinary actions to the region Air Traffic Director.

If you are interested in this position, please send your application to Jeff at [email protected]

Kyle Ramsey

Nicholas Bartolotta 912967
Posted
Posted

Sad to see Jeffery go, but I think Terry will make a terrific ATM, he has my support!

Nick Bartolotta - ZSE Instructor, pilot at large

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

- Capt. Don Lanham, ATA Airlines

Terry Kocher 919807
Posted
Posted

Thank you Nicholas, I appreciate it immensely.

pilot.gif

3712.png

Brandon Grchan 925585
Posted
Posted
Sad to see Jeffery go, but I think Terry will make a terrific ATM, he has my support!

second that.....

Terry is you make ATM I hope you make it your personal goal to save the manatee's

Terry Kocher 919807
Posted
Posted

First on the list my friend, Manatees are an important ecological [Mod - Happy Thoughts]et of the Tampa area, I mean, who pays someone to watch them watch Manatees?

pilot.gif

3712.png

Brandon Grchan 925585
Posted
Posted
First on the list my friend, Manatees are an important ecological [Mod - Happy Thoughts]et of the Tampa area, I mean, who pays someone to watch them watch Manatees?

BRILLIANT MAN!!!!!!! Bout time someone recognizes how important the manatee's are to the Bay area

Josh Hjemvick 811983
Posted
Posted

Good luck ZTL.

CMEL.CSEL.IA.AGI.CFI.CFII.MEI.CRJ2.FO.Furloughed

Part of the Acey 80

811983.png