You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XSquawkBox 1.3.3b4 Released

Christopher Collins

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted

Another new beta up at the website. This beta is recommended for all users of XSquawkBox.

Building on top of beta3, this time, a rewrite of the server list p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]r to fix a design fault that has been causing random "resolution" failures when attempting to connect to the network.

beta4 expires 29 June 2017.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Tom Monavu 1396442
Posted
Posted

What does it mean...

beta4 expires 29 June 2017.

Will XSquawkbox cease operation or is it related to the support?

-Tom

Camden Bruno
Posted
Posted

Will XSquawkbox cease operation or is it related to the support?

All that means is that either beta5 will be released, or a new version will be released. Nothing is ceasing operation - XSquawkBox is moving in a positive direction with continued development and improvements, thanks to Mr. Collins and others.

Cam B.
VATSIM Supervisor

Tom Monavu 1396442
Posted
Posted

I didn't mean it that way, apologies if it came over the wrong way. I was just wondering if the beta4 will stop working after June 29th. I didn't mean that the software will not be further developed, bad choice of words, sorry.

-Tom

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted

Hi Christopher, does this release include a fix for PM sounds via the client?

Thanks for your continued work to improve the client for VATSIM users.

Trevor Hannant

Camden Bruno
Posted
Posted
I was just wondering if the beta4 will stop working after June 29th. I didn't mean that the software will not be further developed, bad choice of words, sorry.

No need to apologize, sir! Simple misunderstanding. Yes, beta4 will stop working after June 29th and you'll have to download/install the new release from here: http://xsb.xsquawkbox.net/download/

Hi Christopher, does this release include a fix for PM sounds via the client?

See this post by Mr. Collins.

Cam B.
VATSIM Supervisor