You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Low Voice Volume on Vatsim

Edward Kennedy

Edward Kennedy
Posted
Posted

Brand new computer running FSX and VPilot. I can hear ATC perfectly but they can barely hear me. I am running W7 64 bit, have downloaded all new software, tried different mikes and still they cannot hear me. The odd thing, my VA on team speak can hear me clearly. I have tired the com ports on both front and back of the machine and its the same. Its a Dell Optiplex. I ran the sound calibration several different ways and the sound response I get is very muted. Can anyone suggest anything?

Trent Hopkinson
Posted
Posted

Here's one way to turn your volume up in windows. (The name of your sound card/headset may differ)

audio.jpg

If you are at 100%, then getting your microphone closer to your mouth may be the only option left.

I find my windows 7 wants to default this to 50% after every reboot of the PC, so I'm making this adjustment nearly every time I log onto vatsim!

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015

Edward Kennedy
Posted
Posted

What about the "boost" option, what will that do?

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

If you can avoid using the boost function, do it - it reduces the quality a lot and risking it is more unreadable than it is when the volume is low.

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

Depends heavily on headsets. Most headsets I have had that offered the option benefitted from it. These were light on-ear call center type headsets, not big chunky isolating gamer sets.