You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unable to get model matching to work

Josh Clarke 1393984

Josh Clarke 1393984
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone, first post.

I have been tearing my hair out trying to get model matching to work, and seem totally unable to do so. I have tried just downloading vmrs, making vmrs with vmr generator and still the default CRJ shows up. Can anyone walk me through step by step on how to actually get correct models to show up? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Which 3rd-party models do you have installed? Which version of vPilot are you using?

Josh Clarke 1393984
Posted
Posted

I am using the latest stable version of vPilot, in terms of models I have tried WOAI, vPilot AI Pack and some custom vmrs from my simobjects folder

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Couple of things... with the latest vPilot, you most likely don't need any custom VMR files - it should find and identify models automatically. Second, VMR files are just rules that tell vPilot which models you have installed; downloading VMRs doesn't actually install any models whatsoever.

So, just to be clear, did you actually download and install the various WoAI models?

Josh Clarke 1393984
Posted
Posted

I have installed WOAI, but I shall go back and have a look at it, I didn't realise what the actual purpose of VMRs was

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Which folder did you install the WoAI models in? Personally, I like to keep them within their own folder, so I installed them in "SimObjects\WoAI\" and added that folder to the list of "SimObjectPaths" in my fsx.CFG file.

Either way, you should see the folder you selected in vPilot's Settings -> Model Matching -> Advanced tab like so:

d4de725d75.png

Josh Clarke 1393984
Posted
Posted

Ok I am not seeing WOAI in that tab, how do you add it to (in this case the p3d) .cfg?

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted (edited)

EDIT: See below.

Edited by Guest

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The format is a bit different with P3D:

[Entry.8]
Title=Default Weapons
Path=SimObjects\Weapons
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.9]
Title=Default Countermeasures
Path=SimObjects\Countermeasures
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.10]
Title=WoAI
Path=SimObjects\WoAI
Required=True
Active=True

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Josh Clarke 1393984
Posted
Posted

Thank you both very much, the format in P3D is quite different unfortunately, I'll have to play around with it a bit more

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Josh, I pasted the changes you need to make above.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC