You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unsolved Model Matching Problem!!!

Ugur Arslan 1374857

Ugur Arslan 1374857
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone,

I guess I am having a different problem, cuz I couldn't find any topic in anywhere like mine... I'll try to summarize...

Before I formatted my PC app 10 days ago, I've installed WOAI packages as my dicretion and installed them and created a .vmr file, and eveything was working very good. (But the problem is, I didn't know what I've done. I just did what I see from basic instructions.)

After the format, I installed everything back as I did before but nothing happened. Every aircraft seemed white... I tried to delete everything about vPilot and WOAI (even from appdata folders) and tried couple of times with different variations as I searched and according to my opinion with and without a .vmr file. ( Because I learnt that V2.0 doesn't need model matching rules) The thing that I can see was, some aircraft liveries was working, but most of them are white (the ones that I installed). But the white ones are the actual aircraft, I mean, I can see the type but not the paint. ( I double check this on Vatsim maps and directly from the pilots)

For a last operation before I open this subject, I deleted everything again about vPilot and WOAI from FSX folders, Appdata folders and even from regedit (which I am not an expert about)... And installed them as the same and also updated to V2.1.6 but still, I can see some of them normal, most of them white with the aircraft types.

I wish this is not confusing, but this is more than I write here... I wish we can fix this. Cuz I love to fly online but not with all white aircrafts...

Regards,

Ugur Arslan 1374857
Posted
Posted

Isn't there anyone who can help??

Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted

Ugur, it seems vPilot is working if you are seeing some aircraft correctly. The challenge I think you are having is model matching correctly to your region? Your profile states Turkey so I'm going to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume you were online at a Turkish airport. There aren't many WOAI that will match model to airlines in the region. Try a different location (again I'm not sure where you simulated flying out of) like Heathrow or JFK and see if the model matching is any better. With WOAI you have to have downloaded and installed the correct airline livery and aircraft type for vPilot to display anything. As well, the other pilot needs to have entered the correct livery and aircraft type into his software; if it's not correct vPilot can't match it.

Mr.

VATSIM P2