You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Cannot communicate with vPilot

Georgi Bonchin 1394205

Georgi Bonchin 1394205
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I would like to say that I am relatively new to Vatsim and unfortunately am unable to start communication still. I had downloaded and installed the latest version of vPilot and everything was working fine till the controller shows on the left field. Unfortunately I am unable to hear anything from the talks except interrupted noise. I am using FSX:SE and my plane is Aerosoft Airbus. Do I need to activate SimConnect?

Second question is how to operate vPilot during the flight? I am asking this because the SIM and vPilot are separate software and one of them stops when the other is active. What I mean is that if the vPilot window is shown the flight stops.

Would appreciate any comments and opinions.

Regards: Georgi

35.png

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

To prevent your sim stopping untick "pause of task switch" within your FS.

To hear the controller you need to tune your Com1 radio to the frequency shown next to the controller (or type .com1 123.45 where 123.45 is the frequency of the controller).

If yuour vPilot is connected then your simconnect is ok.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Georgi Bonchin 1394205
Posted
Posted

Hi Norman,

It did not come to my mind for the "pause on task" button, which I will uncheck on first opportunity. Tuning the radio to the controller's frequency is something, which I was accepting as a common sense and did not mentioned in my previous post. Hearing the noise starts after tuning the radio. I am still wondering if SimConnect should be activated.

35.png

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

If simconnect was not active (installed) then vPilot would not connect to your sim at all.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Georgi Bonchin 1394205
Posted
Posted

Hi,

It seems to be an Internet issue (maybe). Now vPilot is connecting to the network, controller is showing, but I can hear only parts of the words, which he / she says. Text delays too much sometimes when connected in text mode only. There was a funny situation some days ago when I had already landed and almost a minute after the controller started sending me messages to keep heading, altitude, etc...

Hope Vatsim doesn't apply me a fine or warning...

35.png