You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Searching for VFR youtube video with only text

Valerio Spadaro 1005862

Valerio Spadaro 1005862
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

I am a total noob and at the moment i am studying for the first online flight in VATSIM.

For some questions that i can't explains, i will go with only text communication.

I would to see a real example of a VFR flight in VATSIM with only text communication, so i could understand how it works.

On youtube there are tons of video of VFR on VATSIM but i didn't find any with only text communication. Does this type of videos exist?

Emma Jackson 1348796
Posted
Posted

I know it's not what you asked, but does it matter? Can't you just type how you'd say it?

19.png

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Or just use voice. It will be better to "jump into the cold water" now and skip the entire text-only-stage. You may trip and stumble a little bit, but after a few flights you will be doing just fine. If possible, look for someone you can virtually sit next to you and give you tips and hints via TeamSpeak or Skype or whatever.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Yes, in general, the entire community MUCH prefers voice over text, if you are able. If it is just a matter of being nervous, please just try it. People will help you. If you have a physical impediment making voice absolutely impossible, then text is acceptable. I don't know for sure, but I would not be surprised if VFR text videos don't even exist.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations