You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Shared cockpit flight with an ABSOLUTE beginner...?

Liam Coulter 1397453

Liam Coulter 1397453
Posted
Posted

I recently rediscovered Flight Sim X and the community surrounding it. The last time I played any flight simulator, I believe, was about 8 years ago. So, I ordered a Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS setup and a copy of FSX, and set the realism AS HIGH AS IT COULD GO.

Knowing that, I'm wondering if any experienced pilot would have the balls and comp[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ion to take me on an hour (or so) long flight to teach me the many facets of hardcore flight simulation. It'll be hectic and more than a little stressful, but I'd hope that some sympathy is given to my childish enthusiasm for this amazing community. I really do want to get stuck into high level aviation as quickly as possible.

Thanks I'll bring a notebook.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the last day of your free time.

Head over to vatstar.com and register there.

Once your account is validated you can sign up for an Instructor session under the type code "General Practice Flight" (you don't need to be working actively toward achieving any pilot rating, necessarily). Depending on the Instructor, we may use a shared cockpit protocol, or might watch your cockpit screen via TeamViewer and offer guidance via TeamSpeak. But either way, we'll be happy to help.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Liam Coulter 1397453
Posted
Posted

Wow, this is so much more than I expected! Thank you Free time prepped to be sucked into some turbine engines.