You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

cant hear nobody speaking

conik ortiz 1398083

conik ortiz 1398083
Posted
Posted

okay so since there was no atc on my region i went to uk sever and started at heathrow i seen many aircraft on the ground and taking off so i tried contacting atc but nobody responded neither other pilots my mic is setup correctly but nobody talks

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

What pilot client were you using?

Which simulator and operating system are you using?

Was there a controller listed in your pilot client and had you tuned to their frequency?

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted

Did you confirm using tools such as VatSpy that those were VATSIM aircraft and not just AI aircraft created by your sim? Also, all servers are interconnected. You should connect to the server that is geographically closest to where you live - not the one that is closest to where you intend to fly.

Have a look at the Pilot Resource Centre (https://www.vatsim.net/pilot-resource-centre) for an answer to these and many other questions that you may have.

Tomas Hansson

• 3 weeks later...
Chris Kirkman 1396980
Posted
Posted

can't help but to be a smart butt for a second.

"can't hear nobody" is a double negative, so does that actually mean "can hear somebody"?

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Now, Chris. That's not nice and I know you put a smiley face.

Remember, though. VATSIM is a Global Community and for many members English is a second language, if at all. Translators don't like the English language at times and it's those applications' fault in a lot of cases.

I know, and most others know, that you were just kidding. Conik may not know that at all, be embarr[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed, and decide VATSIM is not for him (or her, not sure what gender "conik" could be). One less pilot to interact with and just a little less fun.

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Chris Kirkman 1396980
Posted
Posted

Randy, you make an excellent point. You're right, of course, that I was just being funny. But even more important, you are correct that I don't want to intimidate anyone who doesn't speak English as well, and could feel uncomfortable because of remarks like mine.

So, I certainly apologize to the person who asked the original question on this thread. I certainly didn't mean to insult anyone.