You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Controller can't see me..

Alex Stawe 885832

Alex Stawe 885832
Posted
Posted

Today I was to fly a flight from EKCH to ESGG with the PMDG737-600... I tuned in the controller, Got IFR clearence and squawk which I inserted in the transponder... I made sure Squawkbox wasn't on standby and as I was ready to go the controller reported that he couldn't see me, I looked in ServInfo and it said I was at 0ft with heading 0 in outside sierra leone (in the sea), I tried reconnecting FS and squawkbox but it didn't work.. Anyone of you know what could be wrong?

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

Sound like it's the wrong List separator. Look subject: 7. Faulty position at Vatsim (Don't see other airplanes. Don't see ATC in Squawkbox directory) Troubleshooting at http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?p=2262#2262

Note that you can see your active transponder-code yourself both in ServInfo and in Vatsim Visual Display.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Marek Pola 843115
Posted
Posted
Today I was to fly a flight from EKCH to ESGG with the PMDG737-600... I tuned in the controller, Got IFR clearence and squawk which I inserted in the transponder... I made sure Squawkbox wasn't on standby and as I was ready to go the controller reported that he couldn't see me, I looked in ServInfo and it said I was at 0ft with heading 0 in outside sierra leone (in the sea), I tried reconnecting FS and squawkbox but it didn't work.. Anyone of you know what could be wrong?

Do you get a error when starting up SB, that it's not registered in FSUIPC? Because if SB isn't, you will always be positioned at ACCRA FIR, at the equator 0 degrees North and 0 degrees East. Search in this forum or look at www.vatsim.net/prc for info how to register. It's free.

3500.png

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

> outside sierra leone

Ok, I change my mind, it's in accra, zero position.

Same subject I wrote, but then the FSUIPC register issue I suppose.

I didn't know it's possible to tune in the ESGG controller from there.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Alex Stawe 885832
Posted
Posted

I solved it...... With some help of a friend... It was that regional setting thing in XP...