Would it be possible to auto-tag aircraft based on the information in the scratchpad? For instance, aircraft departing DFW with an east gate scratchpad of "THO" for THORR would auto-tag to the east departure even if it departed off the west runway. I'm no programmer and not sure what it would require but I'm [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming would need to be based on what position is open and each position would have its own auto track fixes.

Jason Helkenberg

Whenever someone asks me if a feature is possible, my standard reply is that anything is possible given enough time and/or money.

If I were going to build in some intelligence into auto-[Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning tracks to controllers, I would want to mirror the real world as much as possible. I'm not exactly sure how it's done in the real STARS system, but I believe it's based on fix pairs in the flight plan. I don't know if it's based on scratch pad like in your suggestion here, but it would essentially be the same thing ... it would be based on a departure gate.

Anyway, it would be a fairly substantial update, since it would have to keep track of which sectors are staffed, and be able to deal with consolidation of sectors, etc. I don't see it happening any time soon. Good suggestion, though!

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 3 weeks later...
  • Board of Governors
Whenever someone asks me if a feature is possible, my standard reply is that anything is possible given enough time and/or money.

!

Does this also apply for QU Reroute command in vERAM? Let me grab my checkbook for Tea Party

Matt Bartels
VP: Marketing & Communication
## vpmkt (at) vatsim.net
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own and not representative of the official opinion of the VATSIM Board of Governors