You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Airport scenery - what to do?

Curtis Parfitt-Ford 133221

Curtis Parfitt-Ford 133221
Posted
Posted

Hey everyone!

Apologies for what's probably a really newbie question, but, eh, I'm a newbie

I've been having quite a bit of trouble following taxi clearance correctly at a couple of different airports - notably Gatwick, where I held up a poor controller for about half an hour, and Manchester, where I was apparently on a runway for ATC, but showing on a taxiway for me! (Apologies to both the controllers involved there!) I've gathered that this is an issue with my airport scenery, so is the correct thing to do actually to update the airport's AFCAD files before each time I launch into VATSIM? At the moment, I'm using the FSX default scenery.

Also, is the AVSIM Library the recommended place to get this from, or is there somewhere else? (Ideally freeware, but if there's a "UK Aviation" payware pack or something, I'd be cool with getting that.)

Thanks guys!

Curtis

21.png

Matthew Burton 1270824
Posted
Posted

Hello,

Yes, please update you scenery, it makes life for us controllers so much easier.

I would sujest you look at http://www.uk2000scenery.com/newsite/My_Homepage_Files/Page1.html. They do both paid and free versions of scenery for the majority of major airfields in the UK.

For those littler airfields I can highly recommend Alf's UK Airfields. These can be found on the AVISM library.

Hope this helps.

Matthew

Roger Hanson
Posted
Posted

After you have visited the UK2000 airports theres always the FS scenery list here for most of the world

Regards, Rog Hanson