You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Does updating AIRAC do anything for Default aircraft?

Kyle Barbour 1399529

Kyle Barbour 1399529
Posted
Posted

Hi, so i want to install vasFMC onto my default planes, and it really would be better with a more updated navigation database. But the thing is, on all the websites that sell Navdata (navigraph, aerosoft) they list all the addons that are supported by their navdata, but I don't have any. I wanted to install the FMC on my default aircraft, so would the navdata even work on my planes?

Also, lets say I buy it. How can I check my current version of AIRAC to make sure that it actually did update or whatever, also so I can see what cycle im on right now? (again, i only have access to the default aircraf)

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Navigraph provides updates for vasFMC as one of their supported formats. I don't know of any free source of updates for that format... then again, I don't use vasFMC, so perhaps one does exist.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

The docomeentation for each add-on should tell you whether it uses an external database or the in-sim one. Obviously all default GPS units use the in-sim scenery navdata.

If it's the former, Navigraph subscriptions come with a nifty updater that auto-detects each add-on you have, and updates all such databases each time you update your AIRAC. Even if you have a non-standard one, if you know what directory it goes in, you can specify that, and it'll update it at the same time it updates the rest.

If it's a default aircraft or an add-on that uses the built-in scenery navdata, you can visit https://www.aero.sors.fr for quarterly, freeware updates.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png