You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot error - what to do?

Marco Sevas 1395739

Marco Sevas 1395739
Posted
Posted

Hi,

so recently I always get a message about an application failure after connecting to the server on vPilot.

This is what the event viewer says:

System.ArgumentException: Specified voice channel does not exist.

bei bv.a(Int32 A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2, Boolean A_3)

bei fh.a()

bei fh.a(Object A_0, NetworkDataReceivedEventArgs A_1)

If I press on "Continue", vPilot will close. No idea what to do.. Anyone got an idea what causes this failure?

And yes, before you ask, I'm 100% sure that my internet connection is not the problem. The problem either appears when connecting to the server or when switching frequencies.

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

What does the error message in vPilot says?

Have you tried updating .NET Framework?

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

You said you "always" get this error ... do you literally always get this error?

When exactly does the error occur?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Marco Sevas 1395739
Posted
Posted
When exactly does the error occur?

Sorry, I was a bit unprecise. Recently it occurs as soon as I am connected to the vatsim server and have an active ATC frequency set in my radio. However, it does not always appear for some reason. Yesterday I tried to connect multiple time and one time it worked, but then as soon as I had to change over to another frequency, the error appeared again. Also I should add, that I didn't install any software, didn't change any settings and also there was no windows update.

What does the error message in vPilot says?

Have you tried updating .NET Framework?

I use .NET Framework version 4.7 (which is the latest available version I think).

I will try to reproduce this error tomorrow, then I will tell you what exactly the vPilot error message says.

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

Google .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and download that one. It is a requirement to vPilot and it has been seen previously, that using the newest version only, isn't necessarily working. (At least for other applications - might not affect vPilot)

Ps. I'm only suggesting to give this a try, Ross are the expert.

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

Marco Sevas 1395739
Posted
Posted

Okay so I downloaded the version 3.5 SP1 now and had no issues when connecting to the server for a quick test. I will fly a lot more on next tuesday, so then I can make really sure whether this really fixed the error or not.

Thanks so far!