You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Apparent buffering problem online

Barry Kensett 861979

Barry Kensett 861979
Posted
Posted

I have an intermittent problem when flying online which I have never had on previous versions of Vpilot or on Squawkbox.

I connect OK and can hear and chat to controllers. After perhaps 20 minutes on line the TX and RX lights both come on. I then cannot hear the controllers and they can't hear me. After a couple minutes the connections are restored but I then get all the lost conversations coming down in a torrent as though they have been held in a buffer after which normal service is resumed.

It might happen again during a longish flight.

Disconnecting and reconnecting does not fix it.

No other network services are affected, I can still use Teamspeak for example.

Can performance settings be relevant, what typically to people use for number of aircraft and range?

Being a full cockpit I use the remote/host setup across two PC's

Any suggestions?

Barry

www.a320sim.com

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

It is likely to be something that is blocking your connection. Antivirus, Firewall etc. make sure that the ports in your router has been opened. There are a lot of topics regarding that on the forum.

I don't think this is related to vPilot itself.

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

Barry Kensett 861979
Posted
Posted

Thank you for your help, I will follow up the points you raise. I am surprised that after many years of using Squawkbox and latterly vpilot that I have never had this sort of problem before.

Barry

www.a320sim.com