You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

PTT assigments

Bartlomiej Gawron 1389285

Bartlomiej Gawron 1389285
Posted
Posted

Hey,

Is there (or will be in the future) possibility to set two keys instead of one for PTT function?

I wish I could use for example left ctrl on keyboard OR trigger on my joystick (without changing it in the settings).

Depends on current situation sometimes it is easier to me to press left control (like 80% of cases), but in some cases (on short final for example) it would be easier to use trigger.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I don't have any such plans, but you could always set the keyboard key as your PTT and then use a program like Joker to send that keystroke when you pull the trigger.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Piotr Grudniewski 1005001
Posted
Posted

I am using Saitek X52 Flight Controll and there is a possibility to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign PTT key from joystick without using ane other software

----

accpl1.gif

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Not that I know of, but Ross' suggestion to consider JOKER is an excellent one. Joker is a very simple program to set up (one-time), start and run. Try it; if you like it great, and if you don't, then you are no worse off.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations