You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can not see the other Vatsim planes

leosta oneska 1203031

leosta oneska 1203031
Posted
Posted

Hello dear family, I just setup everything and can not see the other planes at the airport only can see yellow color call signs.

Have any idea? Thanks.

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

Which X-plane version? Which XSquawkbox version? Which CSL package?

KntU2Cw.jpg

• 1 year later...
Karel Bentata 1435300
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I am totally new to this so I would appreciate your help and patience...

I am having the same issue. I don't see any planes and I don't hear any ATC despite having tuned into clearance delivery and ground at KMIA.

I have X-plane 11 (just downloaded last week) and XSquawkBox 1.3.3 (also just downloaded). I don't know what is the CSL package... (can someone explain to me?) I have downloaded a Quest Kodiak plane. Thanks.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

The original poster has a different problem -- floating yellow callsigns indicate that there are indeed other aircraft nearby. Leosta -- are you sure they weren't perhaps just distant? Or on the other side of a terminal building or something?

Karel -- you say you couldn't hear nor see any planes, **nor any ATC.** Are you certain you were somewhere that there was someone logged on at the time providing ATC services? Did you use a tool like VAT-Spy or VATtastic to determine where to find other online activity?

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Karel Bentata 1435300
Posted
Posted

Hi Robert,

I solved my problem. I was not tuning into the right frequency and I was at an airport were no traffic was present.

Thanks again but.... I am in the learning curve...

Regards,