Best way to reinstall Euroscope on another computer?

.....and preserve all of my custom setup?

I need to install Eurscope (and actually Canscope) on a laptop to be used for our Live event in a few weeks. I have reinstalled ES 3.2 and also Canscope. I have also copied and pasted on the Canscope folder my current settings but my ES settings are all default. Which files do I need to copy over to regain my settings? thanks!

847924.png

All your settings are stored in the Euroscope folder, most likely inside your Docomeents folder. As mentioned above, you can check it via the scope.

Any time I have to reinstall something, I do the following process:

1. Zip whatever data files are necessary (in this case the entire Euroscope folder in my Docomeents).

2. Back this zip up a variety of ways (USB stick, external hard drive, some type of cloud storage, etc)

3. Use Total Uninstaller 6 (payware). This program gets everything, any hidden folders, as well as registry keys. It also can run the default Uninstaller for a program.

4. Restart the machine. Can never hurt.

5. Reinstall the program from a fresh installer

6. Patch any data files that I saved to restore settings

7. Another restart. We never restart them enough anyways.

This works for even the most complex configurations. PMDG and Prepar3d both underwent this and work flawlessly, and those are some really complex installations.

Senior Student (S3)

Chicago ARTCC Events Coordinator