You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Boeing 777-200LR Best Routes?

Caleb Duress 1383581

Caleb Duress 1383581
Posted
Posted

Anyone know any routes whether domestic or international for the B77L? I've already done SFO-SYD and started a LAX-MIA (I sadly didn't come back in time and ran out of fuel because it would've been another two hours before I could get to an airport) but am looking for more route ideas. I'm looking for routes that are most often taken by real airlines (example being like the LAX-ATL by Delta Airlines route) and which ones are the best and most scenic. Thanks for the ideas!

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

I've done the Atlanta to Johannesburg Delta flight before. Check it out on flightware. I believe the flight number was DAL200. It's a 16 hour flight, though, but the Triple 7 makes it with ease and gas to spare. Did have to log off and get some sleep in the middle of the Atlantic somewhere, though. "Otto" kept me straight and true during my slumber...

Speaking of logging off...

...I sadly didn't come back in time and ran out of fuel because it would've been another two hours before I could get to an airport...

This sounds like you were away from your computer for an extended period. I glanced at your statistics and found an LAX-MIA flightplan you filed, but only lasted 1 hour 20 minutes. Hopefully not the one you didn't get "back to in time". Being on line and AFK is a bad habit to get in to. Best to nip that habit in the bud as quickly as possible if this applies. Especially given that you are also in training to be a controller. Once certified you will meet your fair share of "NORDO" pilots who are AFK.

...which ones are the best and most scenic.

Given that you are looking at the world from a B77L virtual cockpit at 35,000 feet or so, "scenic" is a very negotiable term...

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted
Given that you are looking at the world from a B77L virtual cockpit at 35,000 feet or so, "scenic" is a very negotiable term... :D

I'm a fan of overnight transatlantic flights. Leave US with some late night ATC, sunrise over the Atlantic, landing in Europe with potentially some ATC.