You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Andrew Serrazina 1385179

Andrew Serrazina 1385179
Posted
Posted

I had a near collision with an EasyJet A320 at Maderia Intl. I was on right downwind and the A320 was on final. Suddenly, without any communication, he pulled up. No go-around was announced, and the controller online had no questions on what happened. the A320 was at the same altitude as me, and he p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed about 150 ft or so in front of me. There was a complete lack of communication. The controller gave me his and the pilot's information, so I will post that as well.

Thanks,

Andrew Serrazina, 1385179

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

You need not post any more information about this "incident." We also do not post information about individuals to "call them out" on the forum. I respectfully request you delete your post, or at least remove the individuals' information.

This is a simulation. "Stuff" happens. If you have evidence to show that there was an intentional breach of the Code of Conduct, you could have requested [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance from a Supervisor.

A13. VATSIM does not care to engage in the constant policing of its Members. If a problem should arise online between two or more Members which cannot be resolved by the parties in a quick manner or if it affects the enjoyment of VATSIM by other Members or could hinder the operation of the network, the parties involved should check to see if a Supervisor or an Administrator is online to help resolve the matter.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Even more apropos, three paragraphs above that:

A10. Since this is a learning environment, there are times when a pilot may encounter a new air traffic controller who is in the process of learning his airspace and/or general air traffic control procedures. The same may be true of the controller who may find himself issuing ATC to a pilot flying online for the first time. Everyone should remember to exercise patience and courtesy to these new pilots and controllers.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to VATSIM. Don't get to worried, but as the guys mentioned we try and stay away from public naming of individuals who we perceive as acting less than ordinary.

If at anytime on VATSIM you feel you need to draw attention to perceived incorrect behaviour, the best thing is to type in your text coms ".wallop" which automatically alerts a server supervisor that you need to talk to them.

If it can't be dealt with in that way, next best is to take screen shots, make records, and then email (or PM) an appropriate person.

If it is a controller, then usually the Region they belong to has a publicised contact.

If it's a pilot then search on the VATSIM web page for the SUP contacts.

In all events, if things get out of hand, it is better to disconnect than have a confrontation online, imho.

Reading your post it sounds a little to me like someone told you make a report. That's fine, but it shouldn't include a forum post. We discuss pleasant things on the forum, and leave the naming to offline behind the scenes procedures.

If we have mis-interpreted what you are saying, let us know mate.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png