You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

PMDG 737 Pressurization issue.

Jacob Smith 1384525

Jacob Smith 1384525
Posted
Posted

Hi! So I've been flying the PMDG 737 for a while now, and I forgot to turn on the packs when taking off (right after takeoff I turned them back on). All the electronic panels have gone black and I was wondering if there is a way to reset them without resetting the FMC. Thanks.

Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted

I think we need a little more clarification on "black panels"; do you mean the main PFD, MFD where your altitude and engine readouts are? If so those have nothing to do with pressurization, you may have forgotten to flip the engine generators on which (albeit different switches) is mechanically the same as the pressurization switches.

Checklist...

Mr.

VATSIM P2

Jacob Smith 1384525
Posted
Posted
I think we need a little more clarification on "black panels"; do you mean the main PFD, MFD where your altitude and engine readouts are? If so those have nothing to do with pressurization, you may have forgotten to flip the engine generators on which (albeit different switches) is mechanically the same as the pressurization switches.

Checklist...

Yes, I mean all of those.

Nick Dobda 1345456
Posted
Posted

I think at that point you should FILE>END FLIGHT.

Best thing you can do is learn from your mistake and go through the checklists every time.

I concur with the last post though, if you just forgot the packs the master caution will come on with the AIR COND annunciation, there will also be an audible alarm. But that wouldn't blank your instruments.

There's a procedure to rectify the forgetting the packs that probably includes a rapid descent - and updating your resume when you land because I think by the time the alarm starts going off the oxygen masks have already dropped and you've cost your company a lot of money.

Trent Hopkinson
Posted
Posted

Sometimes the pressurization panel's numbers will all turn into ----- if the auto system fails. In that condition you're likely to need to 1: Turn on the engine bleeds and packs, 2: switch to Manual mode and adjust the outflow valve (open/close) manually to maintain a cabin altitude under 9000ft and a pressure differential less than 7.8psi and monitor closely/constantly during the remainder of the flight..

In some cases the auto will be available once established in level flight, with the cabin altitude and PSI are inside limits, but sometimes it fails the automatic system entirely, and you won't be able to get it back without landing and getting the engineers to replace the controller system. Remember to have the pressure differential at basically 0 (ie: Manual outflow valve full open when the gear goes down) when landing.

dcpcspanel.jpg

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015