You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Cant see other VATSIM Aircraft

Zachary Gerkin 1392914

Zachary Gerkin 1392914
Posted
Posted

I was on VATSIM earlier today and was unaware that I was taxiing into other aircraft. It turns out I cannot see other aircraft. I can see FSX default aircraft and hear the default FSX ATC.

I use vPilot and Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition. I run Windows 10 on a Lenovo Laptop.

I would appreciate all the help I could get with this issue so I can get back in the skies!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks,

Zachary G (1392914)

P1 // VATSIM Pilot

Roger Hanson
Posted
Posted

Try turning "Aircraft shadows" off in the menu.

Regards, Rog Hanson

Robert Padgham
Posted
Posted

HI Zachary

For seeing Default FSX aircraft, in the sim, try going to Options>Settings>Display>Traffic and make sure the Airline and GA traffic density sliders are on 0%. If you have FSX AI traffic turned on, they will conflict with Vatsim traffic.

As for not seeing Vatsim traffic, I'm not sure, but one thing you can try is going into vPilot >Settings>Performance and make sure you have some sensible figures in the boxes. For instance if you have "Do not display aircraft beyond O NM" there's a chance you aren't going to see any.

I'm no expert, BTW

Good Luck.

Rob Padgham

Robert Padgham

Robert Padgham
Posted
Posted

You should turn off default ATC as well.

Robert Padgham

Zachary Gerkin 1392914
Posted
Posted

Thanks Robert and Roger for the pointers. I will try them out tomorrow and hopefully, I will be good to set to the skies again!

Thanks,

Zachary

P1 // VATSIM Pilot

DAL4417