You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Best FNO Ever-Great Job Oakland

Randy Tyndall 1087023

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Just finished shutting down at SFO and I gotta tell ya...wall to wall ATC is the only way to fly. I left out of Boise with SLC_CTR, picked up OAK and then on down the pipe to tower at SFO.

Never a burp or wobble. What a fantastic night!

Feedback at the ARTCC forthcoming, but just wanted to let the rest of the world know what a pleasure it is flying into the Bay Area.

Ye Gods I had fun tonight!

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Agreed ... great event. I loved being on the Quiet Bridge Visual to 28R and paralleling an arrival for 28L all the way in. Lots of traffic and the controllers handled it without a hiccup as far as I could see.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

My favorite practice during FNOs is to find a multi-leg flight that arrives at the focus airport then continues on, allowing me to experience all phases of ATC by the host region -- Enroute arrival, Approach, Tower, Ground, Clearance, Ground, Tower, Departure, and Enroute transition back out of the area.

I was lucky enough last night to fly two legs which included Approach and Center at both my origin and destination, so I got to work with a nice variety of controllers all the way from KSNA through KOAK and on to KPDX. Oakland wasn't nearly as busy as KSFO but they did a nice job -- and it was awesome to pull up to the hold-short line at runway 30 and watch the parallel arrival streams coming in across the bay.

Overall it was one of the more enjoyable events I've flown in, in recent memory. Well done!

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png