You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VAs not using SMARTCARS?

Andrew Grey 1345811

Andrew Grey 1345811
Posted
Posted

I guess my SMARTCARS quit working for no reason whatsoever other than some vague reference to a parsing error . I have exhausted all options of fixing it. I fly for three different VAs that all exclusively use this.

So since I can no longer use SMARTCARS, can someone direct me to a USA-based VA which does not use SMARTCARS?

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew Grey 1345811
Posted
Posted

I've found that it's not a Smartcars problem. My active sky, smartcars, and FSX internal weather will not re3cognize the internet. Ive checked everywhere and have found no answers to this. Everything I have tried has not worked. Downloaded netframework and it said I had the latest version, tried the netframework fix-it tool and it said the problem cannot be fixed, tried the browser proxy settings... nothing has worked. I cannot connect to the internet through any FSX add-ons needing to.

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Have you tried temporarily disabling Windows Firewall (and any other firewall software you may be using)?

Andrew Grey 1345811
Posted
Posted

Yup. It's looking like I have to re-install Windows 10 and I don't even have the disc for it. I guess that's the end of my hobby after 30 years, or til I buy a new computer. I have tried everything, read a ton of articles on this. This is no cure that I know of.

Thanks.

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Andrew,

Have you recently changed Internet Providers, gotten a new or different modem, or using a different router?

Any or all of those reasons could cause a block to certain types of connections.

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Andrew Grey 1345811
Posted
Posted

No Randy, nothing in the last month. Got a new Ellipsis Jetpack by Verison about a month ago, but everything has been working fine. I didnt even make a single change to my system which was working fine yesterday morning. I tried to install Bitdefender and even that could not find the internet so I could download/install it. Steam won't connect. The only thing that DOES connect are my internet browsers. I am absolutely baffled.

Andrew Grey 1345811
Posted
Posted

I tried messing with my firewall settings as per some azzhat's suggestion and now I cannot restopre the default settings, it is saying

"Windows Firewall can't change some of your settings. Error Code 0x80070422

I wish I majored in error codes in college, heh. No idea what this means and now I am afriad to mess with it further. I am of the sort that in this situation, just throw the (year-old) computer in the garbage can and buy a new one. I am abot done with computers altogether due to this kind of thing for the last 30+ years. Just fed up with all of it.

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

In Windows 10 you can create a disk / USB or you can have it return to it's initial install.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Andrew Grey 1345811
Posted
Posted

Thanks, Norm. I will definitely look into that. I haven't had a situation arise where I ever needed to re-install any Windows, ever.

I somehow just managed to fix this thing. I am not sure what I did, but I started playing around with the proxy server settings and viola, it started working. Crazy.

Thanks for your help, above you guys.

Andrew