You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Check model matching in real time

Richard Asberg

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Maybe it was just a dream but wasn't there a simple way to show the model matching in real time?

I remember this extra window that showed up on the screen where you could see traffic around you, which one of your models was used to match that specific model etc.

I was thinking it might have been a dot command but for the life of me I can't recall how you got that window to show.

Anyone knows what I'm talking about?

Should also mention that I did scan through the vPilot docomeentation as well as the FAQ section but couldn't find the info I was looking for.

Richard Åsberg

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Sounds like you're thinking of the ".debug" window.

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted
Sounds like you're thinking of the ".debug" window.

Nope, I don't think that was it but thanks anyway because I didn't know of this one before.

As I recall it the window that popped up had separate columns where you could tell the aircraft type/model etc etc and also of course see what model was used to match it and so on.

I really do think it was some dot command, I just can't recall what it was. I've already tried .traffic, .tfc and some other ones but nope...haven't found the correct one yet.

Richard Åsberg

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Woops, when I said ".debug", I was picturing the window that comes up with ".aircraft" - give that one a shot.

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted
Woops, when I said ".debug", I was picturing the window that comes up with ".aircraft" - give that one a shot.

That's the one, thanks!

A follow-up question - what does the 'Delete'-button next to each model do? I noticed how there's also a 'Delete All Aircraft' button in the lower right corner.

Never had the guts to click any of them

Richard Åsberg

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

It deletes that aircraft from vPilot's list of aircraft it sends to your flight sim for rendering. It'll re-appear shortly after when vPilot "rediscovers" the pilot through the VATSIM network.

To be honest, I'm not sure what the use case for that is.

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted
It deletes that aircraft from vPilot's list of aircraft it sends to your flight sim for rendering. It'll re-appear shortly after when vPilot "rediscovers" the pilot through the VATSIM network.

OK, got it.

Thanks for your help and for refreshing my memory!

Richard Åsberg

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It's mainly for debugging model matching. By deleting the aircraft, it forces vPilot to go through all the steps necessary for model matching again.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

That makes sense.

Good to know since I always wondered what those buttons were there for.

Richard Åsberg