You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Hold List

Steven Perry

Steven Perry
Posted
Posted

Any chance the Hold List could be added as a feature in a future release?

When I get a stack of 10, I have trouble keeping the tags straight. Having a hold list with the callsign, fix, altitude, and EFC would be helpful... especially if it sorts by fix and altitude.

I'm not sure how the real thing works, but the ASRC version worked great for my purposes.

It's completely manual to add & remove, so no flight data processing required.

And while I'm posting... howabout .showstats?

Steven Perry

VATSIM Supervisor

Dominic Nguyen
Posted
Posted

Most of the hold info is entered via the EDST on the D-side, for now I guess a temp altitude and 4th line scratch an EFC..

• 2 months later...
William Lewis
Posted
Posted
Most of the hold info is entered via the EDST on the D-side, for now I guess a temp altitude and 4th line scratch an EFC..

It may be mostly entered via the EDST simply because of ease of use from a user stand point, but the EDST is just taking the information you type in there and converting it to a Q message that gets sent to ERAM. The same message string can be sent from either the D or R keyboard.

(Note: The above is real world information)

The above pertains to United States

37.png

Dominic Nguyen
Posted
Posted

Honestly, if you're talking about ease, I personally think entering a QH FIX CID then QH EFC is faster than going through the hold menu in the EDST