You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Wrong IP on networked setup

Mark Wolpert

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

I mostly have no issues with vPilot but now a strange issue has cropped up. I have the vPilot Host Mode listening for ip 192.168.0.21 but the remote computer is on 192.168.0.22. How do i change the IP that vPilot is listend for? I guess I could also change the IP of the remote computer but I have no idea how to do that. thanks,

847924.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm a bit confused by what you've said here. You don't configure any IP on the host. The only IP you configure is on the remote, where you enter the IP of the host.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

Ross, where do you do this. I cannot find and have been through all of the menus. thanks.

847924.png

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
Ross, where do you do this.

On the remote PC, open vPilot in Remote Mode, click on the Settings button, and go to the "Host" section:

45e1eedf79.png

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

I don't have that window available, just the port number.

847924.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
I don't have that window available, just the port number.

Then you are looking at the settings on the host. You need to look at the settings on the remote.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

Ross that is correct, I was looking at the Host but on remote I dont have Host as an option. The screen above does not exist. I am really questioning if I have the correct version installed but it says its up to date.

847924.png

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

OK got it fixed, I was opening a remote that did not have host but have since found the one that does and it is back to working.

847924.png