You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I DONT GET THIS? IS THIS HAPPENING TO YOU??!!

Andrew Allen

Andrew Allen
Posted
Posted

Okay guys, so I logged onto vatsim, and I went to press connect on XSquawkBox and this showed: http://prntscr.com/hfaix3

What is this?

How can I fix it?

Did I do something wrong?

Thanks,

Drew

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think you have to enter the IP address. You can get it from the VATSpy server tab.

Edit: Don't do it. See below.

Edited by Guest
KntU2Cw.jpg

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted
Okay guys, so I logged onto vatsim, and I went to press connect on XSquawkBox and this showed: http://prntscr.com/hfaix3

That should only happen when the server list has not downloaded properly or you've manually diddled with the contents of the server address field after setting the desired server (causing it to not match the entry in the server table).

That said, make sure your XSB Plugin is up to date first.

Check log.txt for information about the failure. If it looks like it should have known about the server from the lines in log.txt, please submit an issue report on the XSB website and be sure to include the FULL log.txt file. (including only excerpts of the log gets your report binned.)

(Also bear in mind that log.txt gets replaced every time you restart x-plane, so the moment you see it fail, you'll need to save the log file - a log.txt from a working run doesn't help me find the cause and then I can only bin the request).

Do not enter server IPs manually unless you're running X-Plane 9 or older with an unsupported version of XSB. You should never need to do this for normal operation. (Use of proxies is not normal operation).

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

Huh? I guess I have the same problem then. But I entered the IP address manually and it's working. XSB 1.3.3.

KntU2Cw.jpg

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted
Huh? I guess I have the same problem then. But I entered the IP address manually and it's working. XSB 1.3.3.

Of course that works - it's the equivalent of manually smashing a jackhammer repeatedly against a slab of concrete to break it up because you can't get the pneumatic supply to work. It gets the job done, but it's not efficient nor the right way.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.